Are you paying your staff correctly?
Are you sure?
One of the most difficult and technical issues facing businesses is making sure their employees are paid correctly!
Undertake the MTA Payroll Training to:
- Avoid back payments and excessive penalties
- Protect your Business
- Master payroll administration and award requirements
- Save TIME and MONEY
This workshop will support managers and payroll administrators to:
- Prepare contracts that protect your business
- Identify Award coverage and classification of employees
- Understand Modern Award obligations
- Determine whether to pay salaries or hourly rates
- Properly administer non-financial benefits such as TOIL
- Calculate leave accruals for part-time employees
- Calculate varying overtime rates of pay
- Distinguish between paid and unpaid leave
- Understand how Public Holidays affect other entitlements
- Account for commission payments without breaching the Modern Awards
- Identify the correct application of Long Service Leave (State or Federal)
- Identify when and how much superannuation is payable on different payments
- Know the pay cycle you need to use for Award compliance
- How to keep and maintain accurate time sheets for employees
- When and how to enforce authorised deductions
- Ensure compliance with pay slip regulations and requirements
- Know the correct process for salesperson reconciliations
- Understand the difference between independent contractors and employees
- Successfully manage worker’s compensation claims
- Effectively manage any underpayment claims
- Know your requirements for:
- Termination Payments
- Notice of Termination
This is a complicated area of industrial law that can result in mistakes.
Your business needs to ensure you have the expertise to protect your business.
This workshop will provide managers and payroll administrators with the skills and knowledge to effectively ensure compliance with regulations and Award requirements.
As a non-accredited course, all participants completing this course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
$195 MTA members | $330 Non-members
9.00am - 12.00pm
October 10th, 2018
See events calendar for future training
Theory and practical applications.
Motor Trade Association, Level 1, 81 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034
Phone 8291 2000
Register online for Upskilling Training here
Download the Payroll Training flyer for more information.