AUR31216 Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
Mobile Plant Diesel Mechanics service and repair earth moving equipment including graders, bulldozers, backhoes, frontend loaders, skid steers, excavators and dump trucks.
- Work on earth moving steering and suspension systems
- Learn hydraulics and electrical
- Understand how to work on powershift and hydrostatic transmissions
- Service and repair boom, lifts and diggers front end components
- Mobile Plant specific track drive systems
- Instruments and safety systems for mobile plant to maintain workplace safe operation
- To develop the skills to perform mechanical diesel work in the automotive heavy vehicle service and repair sector
- Apprentices will have the opportunity to graduate with a AUR20216 - Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology, which is a pre-requisite for an Artick licence (air-con gas handling)
As South Australia's only dedicated automotive industry training provider, the MTA gives you the skills, training and industry access to prepare you for your automotive career.
There are two ways you can complete your qualification with the MTA:
- Become employed by us and we'll find you a host business for you to work for.
- Gain an apprenticeship on your own and do your training at South Australia's most progressive automotive training facility.
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
Literacy and Numeracy Assessment:
Literacy and numeracy assessment forms part of the upfront assessment of need process to ensure individuals have the minimum levels required by DIS to access the vocational course of their choice or to demonstrate an individual is below minimum levels and therefore requires access to a foundation skills course or foundation skills bridging units.
Individuals seeking access to a Certificate II or III subsidised training place or Jobs First Employment Project must demonstrate they are at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Exit Level 2 in reading and numeracy.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for this qualification. If you feel you have the necessary trade skills and knowledge to gain this qualification, or any part thereof, click here.
- Four years (a competency based training approach allows for possible earlier completion)
Mobile Plant Technician
Mobile Plant Diesel Mechanic
Opportunities to travel the world!