AUR30416 Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology
This high tech position will ensure Agricultural Diesel Mechanics can service and repair all types of diesel farming and agricultural machines including tractors, headers, mowers, slashers and irrigation and harvesting equipment.
An Agricultural Mechanical Technology apprenticeship will turn your STEM skills into real life platform for a career.
- Service and repair Tractors, Headers, Mowers and Slashers
- Understand how to work on powershift and hydrostatic transmissions
- Agricultural specific track drive systems (rubber tracks)
- Instruments and safety systems for agricultural vehicles
- Work on Sprayers, Cutters and Diggers and other various agricultural attachments
- To develop the skills to perform mechanical work in the agricultural vehicle and equipment service and repair sector to meet your customer's needs
- Apprentices will have the opportunity to graduate with a AUR20216 - Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology, which is a pre-requisite for an Artick licence (air-con gas handling)
As South Australia's only dedicated automotive industry training provider, the MTA gives you the skills, training and industry access to prepare you for your automotive career.
There are two ways you can complete your qualification with the MTA:
- Become employed by us and we'll find you a host business for you to work for.
- Gain an apprenticeship on your own and do your training at South Australia's most progressive automotive training facility.
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
Literacy and Numeracy Assessment:
Literacy and numeracy assessment forms part of the upfront assessment of need process to ensure individuals have the minimum levels required by DIS to access the vocational course of their choice or to demonstrate an individual is below minimum levels and therefore requires access to a foundation skills course or foundation skills bridging units.
Individuals seeking access to a Certificate II or III subsidised training place or Jobs First Employment Project must demonstrate they are at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Exit Level 2 in reading and numeracy.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for this qualification. If you feel you have the necessary trade skills and knowledge to gain this qualification, or any part thereof, click here.
- Four years (a competency based training approach allows for possible earlier completion)
Agricultural Mechanical Technicians
Agricultural Diesel Mechanic
Workshop Management opportunities