Changes to the Chain of Responsibility (CoR) laws were implemented on 1 October 2018.
Do the changes to Chain of Responsibility affect me?
- Consign goods;
- Pack goods;
- Load goods;
- Receive goods;
- Repair, lease or sell heavy vehicles; or,
- Are corporate entities, Directors, Partners and Managers;
as part of your business, you could be held legally liable for breaches of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) even though you have no direct role in driving or operating a heavy vehicle.
- corporate entities,
- partners and
are accountable for the actions of people under their control.
Contact us now on 8291 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our comprehensive training.
What you need to do to remain or achieve compliance:
- Any business in the CoR needs to keep and maintain management systems
- Up to date staff training, including Executive's training in their primary safety duties
- Conduct regular risk assessments
How to ensure compliance.
To ensure industry compliance and to support members and the wider community, the MTA has created:
- A CoR package which contains all the tools necessary for compliance
- New training specific to ensuring executives and employees have received the necessary training for compliance with their CoR obligations.
MTA helping you remain compliant
NHVL/CoR Management System:
$295 MTA members | $599 Non-members
$195 MTA members | $395 Non-members
$1999 per class (maximum 20 per class) for Members
$3999 per class (maximum 20 per class) for Non-members
Theory and practical applications.
Motor Trade Association, Level 1, 81 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034 or on location
Phone 8291 2000
Download the NHVR Chain of Responsibility flyer for more information.